Monday, January 11, 2016

My Goodreads Challenge

I have been looking at hitting the "reading" target that I set for myself in 2016. I've noticed that tracking something brings about a good focus and gamification further raises the level of connect. My pace and quality of movie-watching had gone up several notches in the past couple of years, ever since I started using IMDB to track it.

I had stumbled upon a Goodreads challenge and set out to evaluate other 'reading' portals/app available. My evaluation criteria was simple:
  • Should have a good catalog of books, including diverse genres and popular Indian authors
  • Ability to easily create a reading list, track completed ones and maintain favorites
  • Ability to export all the data as a CSV or Excel file at any time
Amongst the sites I skimmed through, Goodreads looked like a clear choice and I went about setting up the account. The initial experience has been great and the site starts offering you recommendations based on your past book ratings. It was a pleasant surprise to notice the integration with Facebook friends and social sharing options.

So, I've taken up a Reading Challenge and signed up to finish 20 books, if not more! 

No comments: